Back in June 2015 Viewpoint Games released its first virtual reality (VR) videogame for Samsung’s Gear VR mobile head-mounted display (HMD), VR Karts: Sprint. Since then the developer has released a couple of small updates adding tweaks and general improvements. Today sees the announcement of the latest 1.3 update which is the biggest to date.
Apart from bug fixes, stability and performance improvements the main additions are two new weapons the Beehive and Portal, a chat mechanic and customization options. The update is available now to download for those that have purchased the title through the Oculus Store.
The 1.3 changlog of updates are:
- Added 2 new weapons
- Beehive (Beehive falls on your head – shake your head to remove it)
- Portal (Jump forward into the track if you’re behind)
- Voting option added to Online Room
- Improved AI
- Chat mechanic added to Online Room
- Added extra customisation to player to include individual helmet colours
- Lots of optimisations to make the game run better even on a Note 4
- Online multiplayer bug fixes to improve stability and performance
- Race timing more accurate
- Improved Frontend menu selection
- Removed the Speed option
VRFocus will continue to follow the latest news from Viewpoint Games on its range of VR titles, reporting back any further announcements.
The post Viewpoint Games Release New Update for VR Karts: Sprint appeared first on VRFocus.