Developer Temple Gates Games’ Oculus Mobile Jam 2015 winning virtual reality (VR) videogame, Bazaar for Samsung’s Gear VR mobile head-mounted display (HMD) launched shortly before the arrival of the consumer headset in November. Since then the studio has been busy tweaking and improving the title, and this week sees the arrival of a large patch.
Announced on Temple Gates Games’ blog, the team has added some major and minor improvements to the title, with new missions, items and upgrades for players to enjoy. As well as taking on board feedback from Oculus VR’s Chief Technical Officer, John Carmack to fine tune the experience.
The full changelog included in version 1.3 is listed below:
- New feature! A mission box gives you tasks and rewards you with diamonds. 36 new missions to play.
- New diamond store! Use your diamonds to purchases 24 new upgrades.
- New items! 5 new items to find.
- Added optional gamepad support! The shoulder buttons rotate the view, the left button opens the inventory, the top button opens the mission box, and right button opens map.
- Added 8 new tutorials.
- Improved game balance: The food meter drains faster and some encounters show up sooner.
- Updates from John Carmack’s feedback: Alpha-to-coverage and MSAA 4x on S6, fixed some thin UI lines, fixed splash screen gradient, added gamepad support, better raycasting. Thanks John!
- Lots and lots and lots of art and gameplay improvements.
- New art: banner, some new constellations, item damage states
- New anims: item breaks, item go aways, croc/snake blocked, glass break
- Can block monkey with shield
- Firework for returning relics
- New items: large coin stack, croc stakes, snake stakes, banana, diamond
- Inventory use timer is much faster
Players are tasked with flying through the mystical land of Bazaar, navigating procedurally generated labyrinths and collectable items each with unique abilities, traps and enemies.
VRFocus will continue to follow the latest updates from Temple Gates Games, reporting back any further announcements.