GAME ASSETS ARE NOT INCLUDED – THE APP CAN DOWNLOAD SHAREWARE QUAKE SEPARATELY FOR YOU
Due to copyright and the nature of the EULA the game’s assets are NOT included, they need to be downloaded separately. The app can download the shareware version for you and unpack the relevant bits, you will be offered the option at start-up. If it fails, or if you already own the full game, you can copy the pak files to your phone to play.
You can buy the full version of Quake on Steam, here:
Or.. the shareware version of Quake is free to download from the following location, the app can do this for you:
If for some reason you need to use them, detailed instructions on downloading, extracting and copying the pak0.pak file from the shareware version of Quake can be found here: http://bit.ly/21GHVXI
It is a straightforward process and hopefully the above document will walk you through it with no trouble.
Also, this port requires:
* a control pad (buttons are remappable in the game)
* Cardboard or equivalent with headstraps to play in VR-mode (as you need hands to hold gamepad)
Now the fun stuff… This port features the following:
* Non-VR mode – still requires a gamepad to play, but you are not restricted to playing on a cardboard only, quickly switch to non-vr mode to play.
* Configurable eye-resolution (for lower spec phones) – If you find your phone is struggling to draw at an acceptable framerate, you can adjust reduce the eye buffer resolution in the Options menu (it takes a moment to reset following a resolution change, be patient..)
* Uses the excellent Darkplaces Engine
* Quake re-texturing project support (http://qrp.quakeone.com/)
* Online multiplayer
* Supports mods (Nehahra for example)
* Command line params using a text file – create a text file in the Q4C directory called commandline.txt and populate with any command line params you may wish to use
* Toy Soldier Mode – Play in 3rd person with a mini Quake marine running about in front of you causing havoc
* Visit QuakeVR.com for more information
As the original Quake code is GPL licensed, the full source for this will be available in an archive contained in the assets folder of the apk.
If you have issues, please send mail to the following address and I will endeavour to resolve them as soon as I can, within reason: firstname.lastname@example.org
WARNING: QUAKE IS A FAST PACED FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, INVOLVING QUICK MOVEMENT, STRAFING, JUMPING AND RAPID DIRECTION CHANGES. IF YOU ARE NOT USED TO PLAYING THIS SORT OF GAME IN VR YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF SICK IF YOU TRY TO PLAY FOR TOO LONG.
IF YOU START TO FEEL UNWELL, TAKE AN IMMEDIATE BREAK, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO “PLAY THROUGH IT”, IT WILL GET WORSE!
I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY TO YOU OR OTHERS, OR SICKNESS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WHILE PLAYING THIS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED…