A new beta version for Kolor Eyes Desktop, our 360 video player is now available! This software is still free and you can download several 360 videos from our website to try it out.
Oculus VR™ – Zero latency
- The Oculus VR™ support has been improved on both Windows and Mac versions. On Mac OS you can play high definition 360 videos in the Oculus with no latency on a modest hardware setup.
- Regarding the Windows version of Kolor Eyes Desktop, you’ll need a stronger setup but performances have also been widely improved.
Ricoh Theta™ support
- You can now simply drag and drop pictures taken with the Theta directly in Kolor Eyes and get immerse in it! The photos will be automatically straightened by using the Theta gyroscope information.
- The theta is a unique and really easy to use 360 camera. You can see a sample of what you can create in a few minutes with this camera just above. Please note that what you can see here is a virtual tour not a simple jpeg picture, you cannot play a virtual tour directly in the Oculus yet. If you want to know more about the Ricoh Theta offered in our One Click VR bundle click here.
If you encounter problem with Kolor Eyes, or if you wish to know more about it, please visit our updated documentation on this page.
To all Kolor Eyes Desktop 1.4 beta 1 user
Be careful, in order to use Kolor Eyes Desktop 1.4 beta 2, you’ll need to delete application settings before installing this new version.
If you want more information please read the change log below:
The change log: Kolor Eyes Desktop 1.4 beta 2
Kolor Eyes is now compatible with photos taken with Ricoh Theta device. The photo will be automatically straightened by using Ricoh Theta gyroscope informations.
We improved Oculus integration both on Mac and Windows. Zero latency feature, which is essential to have a good VR experience, is now available on Mac 10.9 Mavericks and Mac 10.10 Yosemite. It can be also available on Windows but you will need a strong computer to do it. See our documentation to know more about Oculus with Kolor Eyes. See also our benchmark page on Oculus zero latency.
We improved the default video plugin configuration in order to fit your needs as much as possible. See this page to know more about it.
If you encounter any trouble see our troubleshooting page.
WARNING : if you have installed the previous version 1.4 beta 1 you will need to delete application settings before installing this new version.
Fixes since 188.8.131.52 :
– 0003626: [API] Ricoh Theta support
– 0004149: [OS integration] Improve Oculus integration on Windows
– 0004150: [API] Update Oculus SDK to last version 0.4.4
– 0004394: [OS integration] Oculus zero latency on Mac 10.10 Yosemite
– 0004390: [OS integration] Oculus zero latency on Mac 10.9 Mavericks
– 0004305: [API] Use Intel Map Texture with VLC backend
– 0004402: [API] Auto select best video decoding config
– 0003987: [API] Drag and drop broken on Mac 10.10 Yosemite
– 0004295: [UI] Resize window according to video size when no projection
– 0004296: [UI] Scrolling in software log also changes zoom factor
– 0004389: [UI] Show video decoding fps
– 0004297: [UI] Horizontal camera move induces unwanted vertical move
The post Free 360° video player: Kolor Eyes Desktop 1.4 Beta 2 appeared first on .