The debut Virtual Reality UK (VRUK) festival being held in collaboration between Ravensbourne, the London-based university sector college and virtual reality (VR) agency Virtual Umbrella, has revealed the latest list of speakers attending the event, as well as further details.
Held on 10th – 11th February 2016 at the university’s campus on the Greenwich Peninsula, the two-day event will host the latest technologies and enable attendees to experience new filmmaking and gaming projects in the Immersion Zone. Featuring a Strictly Come Dancing Show with Rewind Co’s Strictly 360 the area will also be running a workshop demonstrating the systems behind the VR experience ‘The Martian‘, courtesy of The Third Floor.
VRUK will also be holding a series of talks from some of the industries leading content creators including:
- Henry Stuart – Visualise,
- Jed Ashforth – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Jaunt VR
- Elliott Myers – Roto-VR
- Pere Perez – Visyon360
- The Mill
- Robbie Cooke – Rebellion
- Joseph Steele
- Ian Watkins – 360 Events
- Lawrence Weber – Innovation Karmarama
- Dave Birss
- Ruth Gibson & Bruno Martelli – Gibson/Martelli
- Ed Miller
- James Britton & Cameron Temple – Stink Digital
- Matt Golding – RubberRepublic
- Duncan Burbidge – Third Floor
- Karl Woolley – Framestore
- Christopher Nundy – BBC
- Daniel Harvey – Sapient Nitro
- Steve Spencer – Blippar
- Prof. Milke Phillips – PlymouthUniversity
- Michael Takeo Magruder
- Prof. William Latham – Goldsmiths
Tickets for the event are still available with an extended early bird offer until 9th February for £99.00 GBP + VAT. VRFocus will continue to bring you all the latest updates to the VRUK event as further details are announced.
Update: The Third Floor has clarified to VRFocus that it won’t be showing the ‘The Martian’ VR experience at VRUK as previously stated in the article, only running a workshop demonstrating the systems behind it. VRFocus apologises for the error.
The post UPDATE: VRUK Reveals Further Details on Debut Event appeared first on VRFocus.