Time Magazine selected the 100 best inventions of 2020, and among the chose inventions were a 360 camera and several VR and AR devices.
1. AR-guided surgery by Augmedics xvision. This is an AR headset that helps surgeons see the patient’s CT scan as an overlay as they operate, as if they can see inside the body.
- Insta360 One R (reviewed here). Time called it “The Next-Level Action Cam” because of its unique modularity and versatility. With the One R, you can convert your camera to a 360 camera, 4K action camera, 1-inch sensor 5K camera, or even an invisible drone. Time also recognized the One R’s constant app updates that add new features, and its collaborations with third parties such as Leica and Back-bone.
3. VR-based training by Virti. Virti uses VR to train workers and allow them to virtually experience events such as protocols for caring for COVID-19 patients. According to Virti, their AR and VR approach resulted in 230% better retention than standard training.
- VR-based home workout with Supernatural VR. Many gyms are closed for COVID. But you can stay fit at home while having fun with Supernatural VR. It’s somewhat like Beat Saber but with a coach. It costs $19 per month or $179 per year.
- Pico Interactive Neo 2 Eye VR headset. This is a standalone 6DOF VR headset intended for business use, equipped with eye-tracking software used for foveated rendering and for tracking user behavior.
The post Time 100 Best Inventions of 2020 includes 360 camera and VR inventions appeared first on 360 Rumors.