Today Epic Games has released its latest hotfix for developers using its middleware videogame development software Unreal Engine. The new version 4.10.3 resolves a few major issues those using the program may have been suffering with.
There’s only one virtual reality (VR) related fix listed in the changelog, that was to do with head-tracking on some templates were locked when starting a game. Epic Games also wrote on the forum: “Other recent fixes that could not be merged into the 4.10 branch will be available in the upcoming 4.11 release.”
The studio has been advancing its VR plans with the recent reveal of a VR Editor that allows real-time object manipulation whilst wearing a head-mounted display (HMD). The announcement was made via a Twitch live-stream using the HTC Vive, but the editor is also confirmed to support Oculus Rift and Oculus Touch.
The full changelog is as follows.
- OPP-4947 Installation Error code R-1638 / Unable to upgrade to 4.10.1 through launcher if 4.11 has been installed
- UE-13030 Crash related to loading sub-level – UEngine::LoadMap()
- UE-22075 Crash on compile when nodes use same name – FPersistentFrameCollectorArchive::operator<<()
- UE-22696 Crash on importing specific Skeletal FBX exported with FBX2016
- UE-22921 Parenting multiple actors under border crashes editor
- UE-23373 Crash occurs opening some animations – TSharedMapView<FName,FString>::Find()
- UE-23785 Crash in UE4Editor_Core!FSlowTask::GetCurrentMessage()
- UE-24169 Crash in PlayerInput.cpp – UPlayerInput::ProcessInputStack()
- UE-24443 Potential Crash When Migrating Assets – FGenericPlatformString::LogBogusChars<wchar_t,char>()
- UE-26315 Crash in UE4Editor_Engine!UActorComponent::BeginPlay()
- UE-26872 Loc gathering can crash in 4.10
- UE-23231 Can’t Upload iOS build signed on PC
- UE-24972 VR headtracking locked on game start for some templates
- UE-26158 bIsActorBeingDestroyed incorrectly Commented out
- UE-26657 Regression on sprite import improvements from 4.9
- UE-26903 Loc dashboard doesn’t export native translations when exporting a single culture
VRFocus will continue its coverage of Epic Games and its Unreal Engine, reporting back any new updates.
The post Epic Games Release 4.10.3 Hotfix for Unreal Engine appeared first on VRFocus.