RealSense by Intel
RealSense is the new generation of 3D camera that will soon be included in the Windows notebooks, 2 in 1s, and All-in-Ones (AIOs) from Acer, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, and NEC. This new technology is based on three little cameras that enable the device to “see” depth like human eyes.
So what about Kolor Eyes? You can now change your field of view using the RealSense cameras! Simply move your hand in front of the sensor and you’ll be able to choose the direction you want to look at and also zoom in/out.
Improved performance with the Oculus Rift
We worked a lot to improve the performance on Windows with the Oculus Rift. No more slowing down, especially if you have a recent desktop graphic card! Additionally, Kolor Eyes will automatically switch to Oculus mode when an Oculus is detected.
If you have trouble using the Oculus Rift with Kolor Eyes, take a look at this page.
If you want to know more, read the chang log below:
The change log: Kolor Eyes Desktop 1.4 Beta 1
Kolor Eyes is now compatible with the new Intel technology : Real Sense. Only available for Windows systems which are compatible with Intel Real Sense technology.
Speed up performances on Windows 8 with WMF video plugin. This is now the default video plugin for Windows 8.
Concerning the Oculus vr, the experience on Windows is now much better, especially if you have a recent desktop graphics card. Performance is improved on Windows 7 and 8 with the VLC video plugin. Kolor Eyes will automatically switch to Oculus mode when an Oculus is detected. If you have trouble using the Oculus and Kolor Eyes take a look at this page : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Kolor_Eyes_Desktop_-_Troubleshooting_solutions
Fixes since 1.3.2 :
– 0004152: [API] Integrate Intel Real Sense SDK
– 0004253: [API] Use pbo in VLC backend
– 0004251: [API] Choose native video plugin by default at first launch
– 0004191: [API] Change packet format for UDP message
– 0004218: [API] Oculus window shows on main screen instead of oculus srcreen
– 0004049: [API] Recurrent crash when closing app or Oculus
– 0004142: [UI] Add Oculus sdk version in software log
– 0003304: [API] Qt 5.2.1 : WMF performance regression (ANGLE build)
– 0004046: [UI] Mouse scroll to zoom in/out is no more smooth
– 0004217: [API] Update to Qt 5.4.0 dynamic
The post CES 2015: Kolor releases a free 360-video player compatible with Intel® RealSense™ appeared first on .